This week in random:
1) Baby registries are complicated, yo! This is the list of recommended items on the Babies R Us website:
So. Much. Stuff. There’s some stuff on the list we don’t need/want, and other things we do (jogging stroller, for one). In my typical OCD fashion, I created my own spreadsheet and researched everything we do want. I selected the items that seem like they’ll work best for us and did price comparisons between our two stores (Babies R Us and Target) to see which has the better price, so my spreadsheet has the brand/specifics and the store for each item. The only items I didn’t pick out yet, besides little things like pacifiers and bibs, are the crib, dresser, and glider/ottoman. I want to be able to see these in person to make sure they’re sturdy enough and that the glider is comfy.
2) I’m slightly obsessed with the Mackelmore song “Thrift Shop.”
3) I am really meh about the Super Bowl this year. Not just because I’m still bitter about the Patriots loss to Baltimore, but also because (a) I hate Ray Lewis and (b) the whole Harbaugh brothers focus is kind of annoying. I might just watch the Puppy Bowl.
4) I am going to try two new Pinterest recipes this week: crock pot teriyaki chicken for J and no-cream of mushroom soup for me. The soup uses pureed cauliflower as a base. Not sure how that will turn out but it works well in a mac & cheeze recipe I’ve made in the past. I might also make this tofu burger but I have to be in the mood for tofu.
5) I picked up Almond Dream vanilla almond milk yogurt the other day. I’m hoping it’s good. It’s a bit high in sugar for my liking (17 g) but I figure it’s OK for a once-in-a-while treat. I miss yogurt.