I don’t have any photos of the nursery itself, unfortunately, but will try to take some work-in-progress photos soon, and will definitely post pics when it’s finished. I wish I had taken a before photo of the office but didn’t think of it in time. I’ll see if I can find one somewhere.
- Most office furniture and all office wall hangings have been removed.
- Nursery has been painted. We chose silver peony by Sherwin-Williams. It’s a little darker/more lavender than it looks on my computer screen, but still fairly light.
- We have the crib and glider.
What needs to be done:
- Empty closet of office stuff/my wedding dress. To do this J needs to fix the closet door in the guest room, as my cat can currently get it open and I don’t want the cats near my dress.
- Touch up a few spots where J got a bit of paint on the ceiling.
- Hang curtains.
- Assemble crib and glider. Same with dresser when it arrives in 7-14 days.
- Order changing table top for dresser. Will be available to order in 5 weeks or so. If by chance it’s discontinued (which they claim is unlikely since it’s a new set) J said he can easily build one that will match pretty closely.
- Finally – decorate!
J also needs to move the office furniture to its final destinations: the loveseat to his office, big desk and storage cabinet to the basement. He’s building a small desk to keep in the guest room, which will now be a guest room/office combo. The small file cabinets and other desk stuff will stay in there.
So there’s still a lot to do, but we’ve also gotten a lot done so I feel good. I think J is excited, too. He said his goal is to do as much of the remaining to-dos as possible this weekend, then we’ll just have to wait on the dresser to finish. Yay!