It’s stupid to be nervous about a 4 mile race, but I am, a little.
1) It is my first race in more than 2 1/2 years. My last race was the Niantic Bay 5K in September 2011.
2) I haven’t run 4 miles in 2 years. The last 4 miler I ran was when we were on vacation in Louisiana in March 2012. I remember because it’s when I realized I could no longer ignore my hip pain.
3) The race course is hilly.
4) Getting out the door when you have a baby, even when the baby isn’t coming with you, can be a challenge. I hope I get to the start on time!
And some reasons why I shouldn’t be nervous:
1) I have run several 3 milers recently without issue. I can do 4 miles.
2) I’m not racing for time, just for fun and for the joy of running a race again after so long.
3) If I have to walk the hills, I have to walk the hills. No one besides me will give a shit.
4) J and H are going to come cheer for me (weather permitting). And J will probably eat my post-race pizza and cupcakes (unless there are vegan cupcakes… mmmmm vegan cupcakes).